Sunday, August 13, 2006

Summer !


Spent the weekend up on the AT, hiking from Moxie Bald to Monson with my friend Jim and his eager OFD (obsessive fetching disorder) dog Emily and of course Dalydog! I hadn't rehiked this section since my 02 hike so it was great to see the shelters and rivers again. As per norm, I had almost no recollection of most of this section as I did it quickly in one day, versus the 2 we took this time. Met some nobos (northbound thru-hikers), the new owners of Shaw's - same name, but the carved hiker out front is gone :( , and had beautiful weather to boot!

Oh, and got some got some good thinking done too! There's just something about backpacking that puts my head right back there again. It's so different from even a day hike. It comes immediately and easily.

Daly had a surprise too, the man who he sent an email to last year on the AMC Four Thousand Footer committee was out going southbound with his wife - what a funny coincidence when we figured that out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home