Thursday, May 18, 2006

NEW GEAR



What hiker doesn't love new gear? My friend had a new sleeping bag last weekend that he couldn't stop crowing about. An REI SubKilo 20 degree down bag. Less than two pounds and packs as small as a football! I had to have one - especially when I found out the women's version comes in PURPLE and is rated 15 degrees!! Ordered on line Sunday night, just in the nick of time to get the sale price, delivered to my doorstep today. I think this is winner for future long distance trips, and is certainly going to Iceland. My backpack could use a little extra space.

1 Comments:

Blogger elliek said...

Okay, so you're a gearhead.

But I had no idea that you were into the Sound of Music! That's one of my faves too.
Spent last weekend at the Trapp Lodge in Stowe, VT - all the memories of my childhood fascination.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home